• Fully transparent contracting procedures–the board's main function. Dave has written on the topic.
• Rigorous cost controls and results-based measurement of treatment & flood relief methods.
• Increase from 0 to 50% lower-cost green infrastructure to reduce spending & flooding.
• MWRD is not doing these things: many other cities are saving millions of taxpayer dollars.
Dave is qualified:
• Senior analyst at the US Government Accountability Office (GAO), which saved the US government a trillion dollars over the last 15 years. He'll do the same at MWRD.
• Co-authored a report on revolving loans, a third of MWRD funds.
• Taught graduate government finance courses as faculty at the DePaul University School of Public Service.• MWRD receives a significant part of its funding from state revolving funds, special grants, and federal capital funding, all areas Dave has written on, researched, and taught about.